Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Not Too Shabby

I woke up this morning at 9:00 a.m., shocked that I had slept so long and pleasantly suprised to hear my happy boys quietly playing in their room together. They're my alarm clock...this never happens!

Thinking about my triathlon that is only 10 days away, I knew I needed to run this morning. I looked out the window to confirm my prediction: that my run would be uncomfortable and hot, because I had slept past my chance to enjoy the cool morning air.

But not true. Almost the opposite actually. Today was overcast with a dreary drizzly rain. That made me wonder if I would be able to run at all...but I know that I have a great jogging stroller with a rainguard, so that ensured that only I would get wet, should I venture out. I decided to go.
Running-in-the-Rain
The temperature was in the low 60's again (how it's generally been since September hit). And I, who gets cold easily, was again suprised to feel VERY refreshed by the cool temperature and by the rain! My four mile run was the most enjoyable one I've had all Summer. By far. I can't wait to do this again tomorrow--I hope. :)

To cool down after the run, I pushed the stroller up the road to check our mail. And the morning just got better:

Teacher-again

For those of you who don't know, I've been stressing a lot lately whether I would ever have the privelege of having this special piece of paper grace my mailbox again.

I've worked SO HARD for it. By doing this:

BYU-Finance

And this:

Morrison-Adams

And this:

NNaz


Because I royally procrastinated meeting deadlines (and because I stink at math...and taking tests...and taking math tests), I earned this hard-worked-for paper by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin. And I'm so grateful I did.
It's my new K-8 teaching credential. I'm a teacher again!

It's been a pretty good day.

2 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

YAYY! Congratulations, Tiff! So happy for you!

Braithie said...

I saw you running and was cheering for you! Out in the rain with children is no easy task when you let your yourself talk you out of it and yet, there you were!